Black History of Camden Walk
Time & Location
About the Event
Camden has a Black history that not everyone knows about. Come and hear Shirley Fortune give the breakdown of the area's Black history.
Bloomsbury - now the medical and educational centre of London. Famous for its charming garden squares and elegant Georgian houses. But there is also an African/Caribbean history here with 'black fingerprints' running through its heart - if you know where to look!
On this tour we hear, among other things, about:
- The railway worker who overturned a whites-only recruitment policy
- One of the first Black women in higher education
- The first known Black British editor
- One of the UK's first civil rights group
- Pride and Prejudice within the British Museum
Led by Shirley Fortune, a fully qualified guide, this walk will take you around the Camden area looking at its history from a different angle.
Cost includes fees
- General Tickets£11+£0.28 Service fee£11+£0.28 Service fee0£0
- Child Ticket£2+£0.05 Service fee£2+£0.05 Service fee0£0